With restrictions being lifted, schools going back on in-person instruction, and more businesses opening back up, AC Transit is working to make the riding experience safer and more convenient than ever.
Physical distancing requirements have been recently lifted and operations have returned to pre-pandemic bus capacity limits. Federal mandates still require face coverings when riding. Please help in keeping our community healthy.
- Enhanced cleaning and ventilation
- Masks and hand sanitizer available on board
- Increased bus capacity
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) for frontline employees
- All-door boarding pilot
- Physical distance reminders
- More community engagement
- Added opportunities for feedback
- Supporting Bay Area recovery
- New official mobile app
- More contactless ways to pay
- Expanded real-time information
These efforts are all part of the reNEW initiative to keep the East Bay healthy and moving through the pandemic. Learn more at actransit.org/ready.