Annual Street Rehabilitation Project
Thank you for your patience as we work to keep our City Streets safe through our Annual Street Maintenance project.
Construction has started on this year’s annual paving project with concrete sidewalk work underway around town at various locations. We are soon to begin the pavement re-surfacing phase of our work starting next week on Monday, November 2, on 63rd Street.
This project includes work on the following streets:
GRIND AND REPAVE TREATMENT AREAS (November 2 - November 6)
- 63rd Street (Overland Avenue to Vallejo Street)
- Vallejo Street (Peabody Lane – Ocean Avenue)
SLURRY SEAL TREATMENT AREAS (November 5 - November 13)
- Overland Avenue (62nd Street – 65th Street)
- 62nd Street (Overland Avenue – Vallejo Street)
- Doyle Street (Ocean Avenue – Powell Street)
- Horton Street (62nd Street - Powell Street Overpass)
- 59th Street (Horton Street – Hollis Street)
- Peladeau Street (59th Street – Powell Street)
- Yerba Buena Avenue (Adeline Street – City Limits)
The project will include improved striping configurations for the bicycle facilities on 59th Street, 62nd Street, 63rd Street, Doyle Street, Horton Street, and Overland Street. The new striping improvements will include, but are not limited to, re-configuration of bicycle lane transitions at intersections, buffered bicycle lanes, green thermoplastic bicycle facilities, and improved pavement markings for Class 2 and 3 bicycle facilities. Every crosswalk that is re-surfaced in the project areas will be re-striped as a continental crosswalk to improve pedestrian safety.
Please visit emeryville.org/publicworks and www.ci.emeryville.ca.us/1215/14607/Annual-Street-Rehab for more information/updates. Project notifications will also be available via the City’s Twitter (@EmeryvilleCA).