Due to health/safety considerations with COVID-19, the City of Emeryville is cancelling its Committee and Commission meetings for the remainder of March 2020. This action will affect the following public meetings:
|March 18||11:30 a.m.||Economic Development Advisory Committee Regular Meeting - CANCELLED|
|March 18||5:30 p.m.||Parks and Recreation Committee Regular Meeting - CANCELLED|
|March 19||9:00 a.m.||Coffee with the City Manager - CANCELLED|
|March 23||5:30 p.m.||Community Services Committee Regular Meeting - CANCELLED|
|March 26||6:30 p.m.||Planning Commission Regular Meeting - CANCELLED|
The City Council Meeting scheduled for March 17th starting at 6:15 p.m. will go forward as scheduled at this time.
In adherence with the guidelines provided by the State of California and Alameda County Department of Public Health regarding gatherings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and recommendations to follow social distancing procedures, the City of Emeryville will adopt the following practices during upcoming City Council meetings:
- Seating in the City Council Chamber will be limited, as guests will be required to sit six feet apart from one another.
- If necessary, the overflow seating will be provided in the lower Garden Level of the Civic Center. Safe distancing practices will also be followed in the overflow spaces.
- Those who do not wish to attend the meeting, but would like to address the City Council through Public Comment or provide public comment on a particular agenda item, will be able to fill out an online speaker slip, (link will be available on the City’s agenda page at the start of the meeting) which will be read aloud by an Emeryville staff member. The same three-minute time limit that is applied to persons addressing the City Council will be applied to the comments that are read aloud.
- As always, those wishing to address the City Council about items on the agenda may email the City Council at Contact Us at any time before the meeting. Comments submitted in this way will be received by Council and staff but will not be read aloud during the meeting.
- It is recommended that residents with known risk factors, or those who are feeling ill or have been in close contact with an individual with known or presumptive COVID-19, watch and participate from home. The CDC has identified older adults as well and those with serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and lung disease to be at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness.
- Per normal practice, the meeting will be livestreamed and available at http://emeryville.org/88/Video-Agendas-Reports-Minutes-Archive.