The City of Emeryville’s Minimum Wage and Paid Sick Leave Ordinance annual hourly wage increases for small and large businesses will take effect on Friday, July 1, 2016. As outlined in the Ordinance (EMC 5-37), the new hourly minimum wage rates will be as follows:
EFFECTIVE JULY 1
|Small Businesses (=55 Employees):||$13.00/Hr|
|Large Businesses (56+ Employees):||$14.82/Hr|
The Emeryville City Council adopted an ordinance on June 2, 2015 that provides for higher citywide minimum wages and paid sick leave provisions than required by the State of California. The new law went into effect July 2, 2015.
The law’s three key provisions are:
- Establishes minimum wage rates to be paid to all employees working within Emeryville city limits:
- Small businesses (55 or fewer employees):
Current Rate: $12.25 per hour
Effective 7/1/16: $13.00 per hour
- Large businesses (56 or more employees):
Current Rate: $14.44 per hour
Effective 7/1/16: $14.82 per hour
- Requires Paid Sick Leave.
- Requires payment of service charges to Hospitality Workers.
The requirements for the paid sick leave and service charges remain the same. Updated resources and notices will be available soon. For more information please visit the Minimum Wage Ordinance web page.