Storm Conditions (Monday's Update)
Heaviest of rain stopped around 10:00AM this morning milder weather to continue in the City of Emeryville today until early tomorrow morning. No new hazardous conditions were reported. The National Weather Service predicts rain beginning early tomorrow morning with scattered thundershowers/rain through the next few days with gusty wind conditions at times.
- The Public Works crew has been picking up debris that has been blown throughout the city and parks and addressing fallen trees
- Storm drain inlets continue to be cleared and keep the flow of water running
- No issues reported with streetlights or roadway issues
- Rain fall and gutsy wind predicted from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm with ½ to 1 inch of rainfall
- PG&E – 200 customers in Alameda County w/out power
- If you need sand and sandbags to protect your property, the City maintains a self-service station at 5890 Christie Avenue near 59th Street: https://tinyurl.com/emeryvillestormprep
Please remember this storm series is expected to last for the next several days, with changing conditions. Stay prepared and use extra caution when out on pedestrian pathways or driving.
Use the links and information below to keep up to date on storm information and report issues to the City:
- Monitor power outages via the PG&E outage center or call 1-800-743-5000 to report outages.
- Check the news page https://www.ci.emeryville.ca.us/ on the City of Emeryville’s website for local updates.
- Report blocked storm drains and downed trees to the Department of Public Works online at Emeryville, CA | SeeClickFix | Submit a request or call (510) 596-3700.
- If you must drive, do so with caution and watch for flooded areas. When you see flooded areas, turn around don’t drown. Never drive through flood waters.
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1.
Resources and Helpful Tips:
Information on Winter Shelter and Warming Center Resources: https://www.achch.org/winter-emergency-resources.html?fbclid=PAAaa9xPUaw5v_U54uOTWUC3fNhVDXkpGrAJSZeaPFVAzZax0iCW8FWHYX4KE
National Weather Service Emeryville: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Emeryville&state=CA&site=MTR&textField1=37.8314&textField2=-122.284&e=0#.Y7S81XbMIUE
National Weather Service San Francisco Bay Area (on Twitter): NWS Bay Area 🌉 (@NWSBayArea) / Twitter
Alameda County Road Closures: Homepage | ACPWA Alameda County Public Works Agency
National Weather Service Flood Preparation: https://www.weather.gov/safety/flood-before
Sign up to receive emergency alerts at https://www.acgov.org/emergencysite/ and https://www.nixle.com/