As the storm continues overnight, the City of Emeryville encourages residents to stay home and off the roadways.
Earlier this evening Public Works staff cleared back-up flooding on Powell from 40th to 48th Street, removed a downed tree on 45th Street, and cleared a fallen tree on Doyle.
Resources for Storm Reporting and Recovery
National Weather Service Emeryville: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Emeryville&state=CA&site=MTR&textField1=37.8314&textField2=-122.284&e=0#.Y7S81XbMIUE
National Weather Service San Francisco Bay Area (on Twitter): NWS Bay Area 🌉 (@NWSBayArea) / Twitter
Alameda County Road Closures: Homepage | ACPWA Alameda County Public Works Agency
National Weather Service Flood Preparation: https://www.weather.gov/safety/flood-before
Sign up to receive emergency alerts at https://www.acgov.org/emergencysite/ and https://www.nixle.com/
To keep up to date on storm information:
- Monitor power outages via the PG&E outage center.
- Check the news page https://www.ci.emeryville.ca.us/ on the City of Emeryville’s website for local updates.
- Report blocked storm drains and downed trees to the Department of Public Works via online form Emeryville, CA | SeeClickFix | Submit a request
- Remove accumulated leaves or debris from storm drains on your street if you can do so safely.
- If you must drive, do so with caution and watch for flooded areas.
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1.