The City of Emeryville will hold a special election on Tuesday, November 2, for the office of “Member of the City Council” to fill the vacancy left by the resignation of former Council Member Christian Patz.
If you haven’t registered to vote yet, you can do so online with the Secretary of State, or by calling the Registrar of Voters at 800-345-VOTE(8683) for a paper application. The deadline to register as a voter is next Monday, October 18, 2021.
All registered voters will receive a Vote By Mail ballot for the Special Election. There are several ways you can submit your ballot:
- Vote By Mail – Ballots must be postmarked on or before November 2 and received by the Alameda County Registrar of Voters office no later than November 9.
- Alameda County Ballot Drop Stop (1333 Park Avenue, Emeryville) – Every Thursday and Friday in October, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Alameda County Voters’ Ballot Drop Box (1333 Park Avenue, Emeryville) – Open 24 hours until 8:00 PM November 2.
- Polling Location at Emeryville Senior Center (4321 Salem Street, Emeryville) – Open October 30 through November 2.
For more information about the special election, polling locations, and to view the candidates, visit the Alameda County Registrar of Voters website.
- Register to vote online at the Secretary of State website www.registertovote.ca.gov.
- Request a paper Voter Registration application mailed to you by calling the Registrar of Voters at 800-345-VOTE(8683).
- Emeryville’s polling location is the Emeryville Senior Center, located at 4321 Salem Street (Open Saturday, October 30 through Tuesday, November 2).
- Emeryville has a Voters’ Ballot Drop Box located at the front of the Civic Center at 1333 Park Avenue.
- Emeryville will have a Ballot Drop Stop in front of City Hall every Thursday and Friday in October, open 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Track Your Ballot
- Alameda County Ballot Drop Stop Tour Dates
- Election Links
- Alameda County Registrar of Voters