National Preparedness Month is a campaign to raise awareness about the importance of preparing for disasters and emergencies that can happen at any time. Each week the campaign focuses on a different aspect of preparedness for individuals, families and communities.
Week 4: Teach Youth About Preparedness
September 19 - 25, 2021:
- Review your family emergency communications plan with kids at your next household meeting.
- Kids, parents, & educators, visit the Ready Kids web pages in Spanish: www.ready.gov/es/ninos.
- Need tips for talking to your kids about natural disasters? Visit www.ready.gov/kids/parents.
- Many Americans aren’t familiar with their child’s school evacuation & reunification plans. Are you?
- Kids can become Disaster Masters with this @Readygov preparedness game: www.ready.gov/kids/games.
- Get involved in Teen CERT. Find opportunities by learning about Teen CERT online: www.ready.gov/kids/teen-cert.
- Your community needs YOU! Find opportunities to help your community here: www.ready.gov/youth-preparedness.