Parking Permit Program for the residents and businesses who live and work in buildings fronting 61st Street (South side between Hollis and Doyle Streets) and 62nd Street (North side between Overland Avenue and Doyle Street).
As residents and businesses in a controlled parking area of Emeryville, you will be able to register, renew, change and/or update your vehicles information and take care of paying the fees directly from the comfort of your home, office or cell phone!
We do not require hanging permits or stickers be placed on your vehicle, as our system will utilize software to automatically recognize license plates enrolled in the program.
How to obtain your Virtual Permit(s):
- Visit www.thepermitportal.com and register for a new account.
- Once you have completed your registration, login using your email address and password you created during registration.
- Complete the permit application and pay your permit fees. Please have the following documents available to upload:
- Residential – Proof of address (driver license, canceled check, utility bill) and vehicle registration with address.
- Business – Copy of current business license certificate.
- Low Income – Copy of prior year tax return.
- Once you submit your permit application, please allow time for the IPS Group to review and approve the permit (new permits take 1 to 2 business days, renewals and changes take 1 business day).
- Once the application is approved, you will receive an email. Permits are associated with the license plate registered in the program.
- If you need any assistance while completing your application, look for the Chat icon on the left bottom corner of your screen and send your questions to the IPS Group who is managing the program for the City or feel free to contact IPS Group via phone or email:
Call: 877-224-7838 Email: email@example.com
Annual Parking Permit Fees (valid September 1, 2022 – August 31, 2023):
- Permit $63.00 3 permits per household and 1 per business
- Visitor Permit $163.00 1 per household or business
Businesses are required to have a current business license to apply for their parking permit. Businesses are limited to one (1) annual parking permit.
- Restricted parking hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Permits do not apply to colored curbs.
- These are Virtual Permits—no stickers or hangtags.
- No refunds for permanent or visitor’s permits.
Low Income Discount:
Households having an income less than the limit set by the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development for a two person, very low-income household in Alameda County ($54,800 in 2021) receive the discounted rate of $28 per vehicle. Tax returns are required as proof of income.