New Resident Information

Here is information on basic city services:

Cable Television Service
Comcast is the city's franchised cable television operator. ETV-Channel 27, the city's cable television channel, is broadcast through Comcast. Residents also have the option of selecting an alternative satellite or other type of television service.

Solid Waste Management Service
  • City of Berkeley Transfer Station: Waste may also be dropped off at the City of Berkeley Transfer Station (garbage, recycling, and large items) located at 1201 2nd Street (just off of the I-80 / Gilman Street exit) in Berkeley. Open Monday - Saturday from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
  • Davis Street Transfer Station: To rent temporary dumpsters / bins, including for construction / demolition debris, call 800-DUMPSTER.
  • Waste Management of Alameda County (WMAC): Residential and commercial garbage collection services are provided by WMAC. All properties in Emeryville must have WMAC provided garbage service. Residential and small business recycling service is provided free as part of garbage service through WMAC. For information on the city's recycling efforts, as well as what, where, and how you can recycle, go to the city's Environmental Programs webpage. Recycling services may also be provided through an alternative provider.
Gas & Electric
Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E), a private utility, provides gas and electric services in Emeryville. If you are moving into Emeryville, please let PG&E know 1 week before you will need service at your new address. Call 800-PGE-5000 for 24/7 customer service or to report an emergency, such as a tree limb fallen onto an electrical line. Call 800-743-5002 to report an electrical outage.

Water / Sewer
The East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) provides water service and sanitary sewer service to Emeryville. Service fees are based upon water consumption.

City News
Sign up for the city's e-news (2nd / 4th Fridays electronic newsletter) to stay up to date on current city issues and events. Sign up for the city's Recreation Guide to know about youth, adult, and senior programs, including swimming, tai chi / yoga, dance, after school / school break programs, field sports, and more.

You may also sign up to receive City Council / Redevelopment Agency meeting agendas or to receive Planning Commission meeting agendas.