The City of Emeryville's housing programs are implemented through the Emeryville Economic Development and Housing Division.
The city’s housing programs foster greater availability of affordable housing for homeowners and renters of all income levels by encouraging new construction, rehabilitation of existing housing stock and providing low interest homeowner loans. Ongoing affordable housing programs are:
- Development of affordable units through the Affordable Housing Program
- Housing Element update and implementation to meet the city's Regional Housing Needs Allocation
- Community Development Block Grant Program Housing Rehabilitation Revolving Loan Program
- Development of affordable housing land assets
- Management and monitoring of affordable housing unit inventory
- Managing existing inventory of First Time Homebuyer Loans
Sign up for the Housing Newsletter
Are you or someone you know interested in receiving emails with updates about the City of Emeryville’s housing programs, new home rental or purchase opportunities, other programs such as home rehabilitation assistance, discounted transportation opportunities and ways to save on utility bills? The City of Emeryville is launching a new email mailing list and invites new subscribers. Don’t worry – messages will just be occasional. Plus, subscribers will be able to select the types of information they receive. Click here to sign up: http://eepurl.com/hllkE9.
If you previously signed up to be notified of the development of rental or ownership units, on the City's Housing Notification List, don't worry... all of your information has been transferred over to the new system and you will receive an email asking you to update your profile and confirm you are still interested in being a subscriber.
Section 8 & Public Housing
The city does not manage Section 8 or Public Housing. These 2 programs are managed by the Housing Authority of Alameda County, a separate governmental body. Contact the Housing Authority at 510-538-8876.
Resources for Residents and Community Members
- Affordable Rental Housing - Find out about the Below Market Rate Rental Program
- Community Housing Resources - Resolve landlord / tenant problems, access fair housing services, and find emergency services and housing
- Foreclosure Prevention - Get information about predatory lending and foreclosure prevention
- Homebuyer Programs - Find affordable for-sale housing
- Housing Committee - Find out about the city's Housing Committee
- Rehabilitation Programs - Find out about rehabilitation programs available to Emeryville residents
- AB987 Summary Document