Indoor Facility Rentals
Facilities & Addresses
Emeryville features 4 indoor facilities that are available for private rentals. These facilities are commonly used and enjoyed for family parties, fundraisers, children's birthday parties, board meetings, wedding receptions, or memorial services. The specific facilities available are:
- Senior Center / Veterans Memorial (PDF), 4321 Salem Street (under remodel, not available until July 2016)
- Bridgecourt Room (PDF), 3990 Harlan Street
- Recreation Center (PDF), 4300 San Pablo Avenue
- Emeryville Center of Community Life Gymnasium 1100 47th Street
Step by Step Indoor Rental Instructions
Indoor facility rentals require a permit issued by the City of Emeryville Community Services Department. Please complete the requirements listed below at least 2 weeks prior to the date of your event:
- Download and review the Indoor Facility Rental Guide and Application (PDF) by clicking on the link, or contact Stacy Thomas via email or at 510-596-4314, or visit her at 4300 San Pablo Avenue (Recreation Center)
- Download and review the Rental Fee Chart (PDF).
- Submit the Indoor Facility Rental Application and appropriate application fee ($20 residents / $40 non-residents/ $30 non-profit) to Stacy Thomas. To verify residency please cross reference this List of Emeryville Resident Addresses (PDF).
- Once the application is reviewed the applicant will be contacted as soon as possible.
- If the application is approved or approved with conditions, all the associated fees must be paid and conditions met prior to the rental date.
- Once all fees are paid and conditions of approval are met, a final permit will be issued.
- Compliance with Emeryville Green Ordinances: Recycling / Eco Food-Ware Flyer (PDF)
- All indoor rentals must provide a $1,000,000 Certificate of Event Liability Insurance Indemnifying the City of Emeryville.
- Note that Event Liability Insurance is offered through the City of Emeryville / Hub International for those renters unable / unwilling to obtain their own Certificate of Insurance: Application and Rates (PDF)
Depending on your event details, you may be asked to complete these requirements in order to receive your permit.
- Events Serving Alcohol:
- Events 50 people or more: $40 residents / $60 non-resident/ $50 non-profit Emeryville Public Alcohol Consumption Fee
- Events 49 people or less: $40 resident/ $60 non-resident/ $50 non-profit
- Note that events serving alcohol and open/advertised to the public may be required to obtain an Emeryville one-day caberet permit. Contact the rental coordinator for more information or details.
- Events Selling Alcohol:
- Submit a valid "Daily License (Special One-Day Event Permit)" from the Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) of California. To complete the application (ABC 221), you'll need permission from the Emeryville Police Department as the "landowner" signee. Contact the Police Department at 510-596-3700.
- Public Alcohol Consumption Fee applies.
- Note that events selling alcohol and open/advertised to the public may be required to obtain an Emeryville one-day Cabaret Permit (PDF). Contact the Rental Specialist for more information or details.
- Security Guards:
- Security Guards are required for indoor rentals of over 100 people OR indoor rentals where alcohol is served for more than 4 hours.
Looking to find out if your favorite park site or indoor facility is available? Find out immediately online!
- Visit Emeryville's ActiveNet
- Click on the "Reserve" button.
- Click on the "View Rental Area" button.
- See the availability by clicking on the months next to each room/facility or site/park to which days in that month are reserved.
- If no month is showing next to a room / facility or site / park, no reservations have been made in that month!
For a list of specific rental guidelines and facility details please click below.
- Facility Checklist (PDF)
- Amenities Matrix