Emeryville Senior Center Welcome to the Emeryville Senior Center. Since 1977, the Emeryville Senior Center has been a hub of activity for the community. The Senior Center offers a variety of services and activities for older adults ages 50 and over. Membership is just $10 a year ($20 for Non-Residents). The Senior Center is housed in the Veterans Memorial, a 1930s Art Deco building. The mission of the Senior Center is to provide a comprehensive array of activities and services that promote healthy aging and contribute to the physical, emotional, and financial well-being of older adults in our community. The city would like to thank our major funding sources, including the Alameda county Transportation Commission and the Alameda county Area Agency on Aging for providing funding to support activities and programs for older adults.
The Senior Center offers a variety of leisure activities and enrichment classes within its facility and beyond. All of the classes offered for seniors are free with Emeryville Senior Center membership. Classes include: computer classes; exercise classes; guitar classes; cooking classes; dancing classes; and much more! To read descriptions on each class and to find the schedule, please refer to the latest issue of our Senior Center newsletter The LINK, Monthly Newsletter (PDF).
Our popular trips for older adults offer fun and casual day and overnight excursions. The Senior Center offers 12-14 trips every month. Destinations vary from casinos, museums, plays, festivals and fairs, and many other local attractions. We also attend the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland every October, as well as many other overnight destinations. We now offer extended travel opportunities to places around the world as well. To see where we are going this month, please check out the latest issue of our Senior Center newsletter The LINK, Monthly Newsletter (PDF). To sign-up for trips, please visit this link: Senior Trips Online Registration
There is always something going on at the Emeryville Senior Center! Throughout the year we have a variety of celebrations and events that get everyone excited and involved. For an up-to-date schedule of events please refer to our newsletter The LINK, Monthly Newsletter (PDF).
Here is a list of our annual events:
- Gumbo Cook-Off: Third Friday in January
- Superbowl Party: First Sunday in February
- Black History Month Celebration: Second Friday in February
- Valentine's Day Dance: February 14th
- Chinese New Year Celebration: Wednesday in February
- Academy Awards Party: Sunday in February
- Tea and Talent Day: Third Wednesday in March
- Senior Center Flea Market: Last Weekend in April
- Pancake Breakfast: Second Wednesday in May
- Volunteer Recognition Party: First Friday in June
- Picnics: Second Fridays during the Summer
- Ice Cream Social: Third Wednesday in August
- Holiday Gala: Second Friday in December